Skip to main content

Podcast Blues- the process to it all.

I wanted to talk about my process with everyone that's reading this if you ever want to do a podcast yourself, here's some really bad inspo so you can do what i didn't

My group and I decided to meet on a day where we all felt comfortable and none of our jobs would interconnect with each-others. One of our main priorities was to find a quiet room so we could all record the podcast without any interruptions. Me and my friend decided to look around the college building to find any places or recording studios to record our Podcast but we were in no luck as all of the rooms were occupied. We decided to leave and find a room on the day of the podcast as our lecturer wasn’t having a class that day so we wanted to test out our luck. Before the podcast, my group and I decided to go into the canteen and brainstorm our ideas for what we were to talk about; college life. We spent about an hour doing this, one of the people in my group was my friend so it would be easier to talk to him about other things, whereas I didn’t know the other person too much so I didn’t want them to feel left out of place. Podcasts are regular conversations after all but we wanted a topic to talk about so whenever we would get distracted, we’d go back to the topic.  

I started on the presentation after the podcast was finished as I wanted more material to go off. The room that we wanted to record in was free so that was a big weight off the shoulder lifted. We didn’t really know how to start out the podcast as we were a little bit nervous but nevertheless we started it. The first mistake that we made was that we never introduced ourselves, we just started talking which I found annoying but when you do something for the first time, there’s always mistakes that are bound to happen. One of the people in my group was very nervous so he went a little off topic, the first recording was about 30 minutes and it was all over the place. We kept saying that we were going to edit bits out which wasn’t realistic as we wanted our podcast to be Joe Rogan inspired. Joe Rogan is a famous MMA commentator who also has a Youtube channel filled with different podcasts whether it’s by himself or with celebrities such as Mike Tyson, Elon Musk etc.. I know I'm making the whole podcast seem bad but it’s not, this mission is about learning from your mistakes and I'm just picking out the mistakes so that for future projects the same mistakes won’t happen.  

We decided to record another 30 minutes, this one I was happy with. We didn’t really go off topic and we were more comfortable around each-other, we had a good outro and we talked about a few college pros and cons. When you make a podcast for the first time, you’re obviously going to be nervous especially if that podcast is getting graded. But you can literally make a podcast about anything, especially when you’re inspired by something or if you have some sort of passion, others will listen to you when they feel the same way about something.  

On to my presentation, I decided to do the basic why we listen to podcasts as I really wanted to talk about it in detail and I found that I would feel more comfortable in the presentation if I talked about something that was interesting for myself to talk about. I wanted to keep the presentation short and sweet so my group and I guided each other. We all went to the library and began working together in order to make the presentation look pleasing to the eye, but to also have information that we can go off.  

So that's how we started it all and finished it off. I want to talk about audacity in the next post as I don't want to make this blog post too long, I hope you all enjoyed my process of it all and I hope you guys do something way out of your comfort zones too. <3 PEACE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity mission; The Podcast Blues

Hiya everyone, it’s been a busy couple of  weeks  but I wanted to share my experience with what my group and I have been up to f or my  intro to digital media  mission .  F irst my group and I decided on Interactive fiction because that’s what stood out to me, But I've always been a big fan of podcasts and I know a lot of friends that listen to them whenever they fall asleep to make overthinking less of a problem.  We decided to change to digital audio, as it doesn’t put a lot of pressure on us but it’s still something out of our comfort zones. On the first day we made a  whatsapp  group as one of the people in our group preferred to speak outside of social media. But we tried to keep slack in a way to communicate how we’re getting on and so on. The problem with doing a podcast is you need a quiet place to record yourselves as audio can pick up everything around you so that was going to be a problem. I did all the recommended reading and listened to the relevant podcasts and