Skip to main content

A reflection of the last video - Methodology Chapter

This is my last blog post for the semester, i'll see you in a few months and I hope you all have a great christmas and a new year! 

I had an idea on what digital journalism was about, but i didn't know there were so many different forms of it. I researched the different forms that were on this article here and I went from there. There's so many visually pleasing articles such as this, this and this. I had no idea how to do a layout like that so I didn't even try. It makes me sad that digital journalism is expanding at such a rapid pace but at the same time we tend to scroll past it or not see it at all. I had to research ''the most appealing digital journalism articles'' in order to see such beauty and the ones that pop up on my timeline are crappy celebrity gossip articles filled to the brim with stupid ads on weight loss.

When making celebrity addict, we learned a lot as a group especially about the editing tools that were used in the making of the video. We spent a long time trying to come up with an idea that would exceed the other missions but we didn't really have that much time to work with and we were already stressed with other work. If we had way more time we would've created something better. I can't wait to improve on my skills when it comes to the second semester. Looking through the other videos that were made we realised that we could've done a lot of things such as making the process way better but it was too late. After seeing all those videos I know what kind of mind set i'm gonna have for the next few years especially since this is going to help my portfolio for work. It is the first year and it's completely different to that school mentality and I think everyone else is in the same position.

Since we didn't get any feedback for the project I'm going to talk about the successes and failures that I feel should be mentioned. The whole point of the mission was to talk about the process of it and make sure there's a lot of information on digital journalism which we didn't really do. We had so many ideas such as trying to make the vertical video have subtitles, etc.. but we thought against it because it just didn't look good. For the process Megan just recorded her editing the video because we didn't really know how else to do it, but after watching the other students and their videos we talked about it afterwards on what we could've done to make the video better. But nevertheless the video turned out amazing and it looked like any other youtube video would especially the intro of it. We had fun with it and that's all that matters, we were proud of the creativity that was put in and we brought props and camera equipment and we had a good time filming it. I just don't think the research showed up in our video which was a bummer but we'll try our hardest for the next semester and that's all that matters..

Anyway enough stress talking, it's time to reflect on the pros and cons of the semester and to go in with a fresh mindset.. -Anna 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity mission; The Podcast Blues

Hiya everyone, it’s been a busy couple of  weeks  but I wanted to share my experience with what my group and I have been up to f or my  intro to digital media  mission .  F irst my group and I decided on Interactive fiction because that’s what stood out to me, But I've always been a big fan of podcasts and I know a lot of friends that listen to them whenever they fall asleep to make overthinking less of a problem.  We decided to change to digital audio, as it doesn’t put a lot of pressure on us but it’s still something out of our comfort zones. On the first day we made a  whatsapp  group as one of the people in our group preferred to speak outside of social media. But we tried to keep slack in a way to communicate how we’re getting on and so on. The problem with doing a podcast is you need a quiet place to record yourselves as audio can pick up everything around you so that was going to be a problem. I did all the recommended reading and listened to the relevant podcasts and

Podcast Blues- the process to it all.

I wanted to talk about my process with everyone that's reading this if you ever want to do a podcast yourself, here's some really bad inspo so you can do what i didn't My group and I decided to meet on a day where we all felt comfortable and none of our jobs would interconnect with each-others. One of our main priorities was to find a quiet room so we could all record the podcast without any interruptions. Me and my friend decided to look around the college building to find any places or recording studios to record our  Po dcast  but we were in no luck as all of the rooms were occupied. We decided to leave and find a room on the day of the podcast as our lecturer wasn’t having a class that  da y  so we wanted to test out our luck. Before the podcast, my group and I decided to go into the canteen and brainstorm our ideas for what we were to talk about; college life. We spent about an hour doing this, one of the people in my group was my friend so it would be easier to