Skip to main content

Celebrity Addict - A product.

Hiya Lads, So this is our product that we came up with and the brain behind it! 

My group and I decided on doing a video mocking celebrity news on Youtube. We wanted to do something else beforehand but we just couldn't figure out how we were gonna go about it. Our lecturer suggested that we could write on a topic but in different forms of media but we were stuck on how to do that. We wanted to do something we were all happy and comfortable with and we decided on Youtube news.

We all decided to meet up during college to film the video as one of the people in my group had to go to Roscommon afterwards. Thankfully Megan had a film camera and we brought some props with us to help with the video. We spent hours trying to think of video ideas and we thought of a Kylie Jenner clip and a Lindsay Lohan mental breakdown clip. The video is supposed to be 5 minutes max so we had little to work with. We found a room that was perfect for filming the news broadcast as it was a small room and there wasn't much of an echo. We decided to film the clips of the celebrities first because afterwards we had time to react to it during the filming of the actual news bit. We spent a few hours filming and we made a script just incase we went off topic. I don't really have much experience with Premier Pro but without Megan knowing how to edit and use photoshop, it would've been really hard trying to figure it all out. We decided to film a separate recording on a phone but we thought against it as we had too many bloopers and it would've been hard trying to connect an audio recording to the video.

We picked celebrity news because we thought it would be relatable and that people would understand it quicker than anything else. We tried to make it funny but at the end of the day, none of us were comedic and we didn't have much experience in front of a camera unlike the people who make a living off of it. We wanted to have a few vertical video options so we filmed on a phone camera to make it more believable and I researched a bunch of NowTV vertical videos beforehand and they looked way better than ours..

Since Megan had to go to Roscommon the next day, she edited a bit as she had premier pro on her laptop and on Monday we both spent the morning and the evening editing the video together until 5pm. We didn't really want to make the video too complicated as we didn't really have much experience with video editing at a professional standard.  Nevertheless we all got it done and we used copyright free intro music, and used photoshop to do an introduction picture with our names on it and the title ''Celebrity Addict'' because that's what we called our channel. Megan filmed a separate process video over the weekend and we put all those clips together and we were pretty happy with the result..

I don't know if it exceeded our expectations but we tried our best and we used editing tools that we've never used before and it's a really good start for our first video.

Anyway, I'll talk about the reflection in the next blog post and i'll also post a few images from the clip here because i can't post the video as the file is too big !!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creativity mission; The Podcast Blues

Hiya everyone, it’s been a busy couple of  weeks  but I wanted to share my experience with what my group and I have been up to f or my  intro to digital media  mission .  F irst my group and I decided on Interactive fiction because that’s what stood out to me, But I've always been a big fan of podcasts and I know a lot of friends that listen to them whenever they fall asleep to make overthinking less of a problem.  We decided to change to digital audio, as it doesn’t put a lot of pressure on us but it’s still something out of our comfort zones. On the first day we made a  whatsapp  group as one of the people in our group preferred to speak outside of social media. But we tried to keep slack in a way to communicate how we’re getting on and so on. The problem with doing a podcast is you need a quiet place to record yourselves as audio can pick up everything around you so that was going to be a problem. I did all the recommended reading and listened to the relevant podcasts and

Podcast Blues- the process to it all.

I wanted to talk about my process with everyone that's reading this if you ever want to do a podcast yourself, here's some really bad inspo so you can do what i didn't My group and I decided to meet on a day where we all felt comfortable and none of our jobs would interconnect with each-others. One of our main priorities was to find a quiet room so we could all record the podcast without any interruptions. Me and my friend decided to look around the college building to find any places or recording studios to record our  Po dcast  but we were in no luck as all of the rooms were occupied. We decided to leave and find a room on the day of the podcast as our lecturer wasn’t having a class that  da y  so we wanted to test out our luck. Before the podcast, my group and I decided to go into the canteen and brainstorm our ideas for what we were to talk about; college life. We spent about an hour doing this, one of the people in my group was my friend so it would be easier to